Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sara's Pork Barbacoa Burritos


Oh my heck these are yummy! I have been craving them since I have had them!

YUMMY!

Pork Barbacoa Serves 12
6 lbs. pork roast (cheapest roast works just fine)
1 16-oz. bottle of salsa
1 can of Coke (regular not diet)
2 cups brown sugar

Place pork roast in crock pot and fill it 1/2 way up with water.
Cook on High for 5 hours.
Drain off water. Cut pork roast into thirds.
Mix together sauce ingredients and put on top of pork. Cook an additional 3 hours on High. Shred pork with forks. Leave it on Low until ready to serve.

Serve with fresh flour tortillas, lettuce , cheese, and all your favorite trimmings!


Lime-Cilantro Rice


(this is perfect wrapped up in the pork burritos!)


1 lb. long-grain rice (2 1/4 cups)
1 bunch cilantro
Juice of 2 limes
4 cloves of garlic

Chop garlic and cilantro. Heat 2 Tbs. of oil in a skillet.
Add rice and all chopped ingredients.
Saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Put 4 cups of water and lime juice in a rice cooker.
Add rice mixture to the rice cooker and cook according to the cooker's directions.
If you don't have a rice cooker, combine rice mixture, water, and lime juice in a 3-quart pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed the rice. About 25 minutes.

8 comments:

canihavethisdance said...

These recipes look yummy! My husband loves Barbacoa Burritos from Cafe Rio. I will have to try it.

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing. I've tried a few pork barbacoa recipes, but haven't found one I really like yet, so I'm excited to try this one!

Ralph Perez said...

Oh my gosh Kid!!! You're gonna kill me with this page! I started a long awaited diet last week and then I look at your page and say......."Oh Yum Yum!!!" ha ha ha

Looks really good!

Tim Noble said...

Wow! Great recipe. I'm gonna try that tonight!

david santos said...

Hello, Bunnell!
Good menu and good food.
have a nice weekend

SRSL said...

HI my name is Amber, I was searching threw the blogs when I found yours!! I am not much of a cooker because it is always the same stuff.... I am gonna try some of your recipes because they sound good and easy!! Thanks!!

Ralph Perez said...

So where ya living now Bonn?

Amber Lee said...

Oh, Bonnie, these sound so good! Thanks for reminding me about your recipe blog! I've got to try these!